Thursday, November 3, 2011

Washing In French Linen

Remember this guy?

When I found this table I knew that with all the detail and style, I could really make it into something special.
After having joined the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint family in the spring, I still can't believe how easy this paint is to use!
I enjoy painting almost everyday and I am amazed with how many different looks you can create with it.

I started with Old White and it stayed that way for several weeks waiting for the inspiration to come. I knew with all the details and carvings, I wanted to accent them; but I wanted it to be soft and natural and authentic.

Then I decided to play around and try something new. This is the first time that I have used this technique before on a piece of furniture.
I was not exactly sure of how it would turn out.
I was amazed with the result and couldn't wait to finish the table.
I just love how the French Linen stays in the crevices and accentuates all the detail.
The table lip was painted in a solid color of Old White
This is by far my favorite furniture piece to date.
Do you Like?



Sharing at: Miss Mustard Seed, French Country Cottage

27 comments:

  1. The detail on this table is exquisite. So much prettier now. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Did you water down the french linen and wipe it off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous! French linen is a favorite of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just beautiful! The French Linen really accentuates the details of the carving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is quite lovely! I am currently looking around my house to see if I have anything I can paint like that! Come see how well Annie's paint covers veneer! I am an addict too!
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  6. However you applied the French Linen - it works! The result is beautiful. Great job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is stunning! I love how you used the two colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about a little tutorial, please ;) Another beauty, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's beautiful!! :) Esther from fleurcottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful. I've been thinking about buying some French Linen...How did you do it??

    ReplyDelete
  11. The table is gorgeous with so many beautiful lines and details! You did a lovely job with the Old White, accented with the French Linen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BTW, I am your newest friend and follower! Hope you will consider same.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you did.I have ASCP,in those shades too,can't wait to try on the many pieces of furniture also!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't like...I LOVE it!! It is so beautifully updated now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! I'm about to use my French Linen on some crown molding. Doing a ceiling map project today in the cottage : o )

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, you can't just leave us hanging...what technique did you use? I would love to try it on a piece that I just painted old white...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous!!! And might I add, such a huge improvement from the original. Great work. Visiting from MMS.

    ps I host a linky party every Friday, I would love it if you could stop by and link up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! French Linen is on my list. I think I have a tall chest of drawers that is calling out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so beautiful. i have a french antique daybed i'm about to start work on, i'll have to try working the linen shade into the details, i'd planned to just use old white, but this is exquisite and should be interesting! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a gorgeous table, no matter what! I love it in wood and I love it white...great job!! Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like it? I love it! It really looks great. Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I LOVE the French Linen...
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Why would you post this and NOT share how you did it? Many inquires above that you just ignored? Wow.. Not very nice of you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point taken, and I do apologize for not responding back. This is, however, an advanced technique that we and other stockist teach in workshops. Therefore, it is not something that can or should be shared in a few quick sentences on the computer. Not trying to be mean, rather trying to show the beautiful capabilities and gorgeous finishes that can be achieved with Chalk Paint™ Thanks for your comment.

      Delete