Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Annie Sloan, New Orleans, and Inspiration

It was such an incredible treat to spend the entire week last week in New Orleans with the one and only Annie Sloan!  She is the real deal, the creator of Chalk Paint®  Words cannot express how inspiring she is and what a truly genuine person she is.  I came home with pages and pages of notes full of new ideas, dreams, and ideas that I can't wait to get to work on and share with all of you!


Annie worked with us on creating style boards for our shops, giving a fascinating presentation on different design styles.  Here are just a few photos that made their way to my style board


Annie challenged us to really focus in on our design style and really define who we are and why.  With that said, we will be changing things up a bit around here, starting with our weekly link party.  My head is literally spinning with new ideas, now the challenge becomes getting them out my head and into the store and onto the computer screen!  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exciting Amber! I can`t wait to learn from you! Hopefully someday I will meet "Annie" and thank her for her amazing paint!
    Anne Dees

    ReplyDelete