Friday, February 24, 2012

Why is Annie Sloan Chalk Paint so different?

We are constantly asked by new customers why is Annie Sloan Chalk Paint so different than other paints? Well, there are many reasons! One benefit is that you do not need to sand or prime your piece of furniture prior to painting, a BIG plus! There is also Annie's amazing color palette with 29 rich, beautiful, historical European colors.

But the real charm of Chalk Paint comes from how easy it is to create different paint effects with just paint and wax. What a simple system! A can of Chalk Paint and a tin of wax allows you so much flexibility in creating whatever look you want. On this end table below, we loved the curves and the legs and wanted to give it an authentic French look.
Check out the end result.
We wanted to keep a neutral color palette, so we used Country Grey and Old White along with the Clear and Dark waxes.
It was so easy to manipulate the paint to get a time worn patina.


I just love the detailing on the drawer and the layering of the paint to create depth.
And the cracks that break through to expose the layer below.
Remember where we started off?
And the finished look.
This is just one of the many wonderful and unique qualities about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.

You definitely can't get this look with latex!



11 comments:

  1. I am not a crafty/DIY person, but I sure might try Ann Sloan Chalk Paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paulette

      One of the beautiful things about Chalk Paint is it can make even the beginner look like a pro.

      Delete
  2. I'm a big fan of ASCP and am actually sitting right next to a vintage table that I transformed beautifully with the paint. Your table is lovely. I'm visiting from the Blog Hop and following you via Linky Followers. I hope you'll pop over to Cottage and Creek and follow back me back via Linky.
    Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I want to try some! Visiting from the Linky Party Hop!! I hope you’ll visit – www.LaughterandGrace.com – and follow me.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post...that table is beautiful. I just finished playing with Annie's Craqueleur and I LOVE IT!!!!!

    I love being part of the ASCP family.

    janet xox
    The Empty Nest

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is just the best paint ever. I am so spoiled in that when I use some left over paints that I have for small projects, I feel like a paint snob LOL! This is a great looking piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the transformation!! That chalk paint certainly does wonders! PINNED!! Stopping by and following via the Linky Followers Blog Hop at It's So Very Cheri! Would be great to have you stop by, hang out, and follow back! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ~Nikki
    http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a sucker for texture. Well done with the dark wax. I just started with the ASCP stuff and find the dark wax a bit of a challenge. Your finished product encourages me to just go for it without fear! Thanks! Check out my new blog if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your tables came out beautiful...I too am a big fan of ASCP...I have done 12 pieces in my home and have more to finish....it is easy, fun, and works miracles...I have fallen in love with a wax finish....

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! it really does look old!

    ReplyDelete